The treble trophies in your very own living room!
With the "FC Bayern Trophy TouAR", the club has integrated a new feature into its app that allows fans all over the world to get close to the treble trophies at any time. At the moment, due to the coronavirus pandemic, fans are not able to experience the Champions League trophy, the Meisterschale and the DFB Cup 'in the flesh'. The usual traditional celebrations with the fans were also not possible this year, so the club has come up with a digital option to make the incredible feats of 2020 come alive for everyone.
With the "FC Bayern Trophy TouAR", the three trophies become a digital companion - anywhere and anytime. The feature is based on Augmented Reality (AR) technology and enables the user to project the trophies virtually via smartphone into their living room or any other place in their immediate vicinity in order to create photo motifs. It's even possible to imitate the players' traditional cup lift via the app. The trophies can be enlarged or reduced as desired using the so-called augmented reality technology, and it's possible to select either an individual one or all three at the same time. There are no limits to the fans' creativity in this fun activity.
- Latest version of the FC Bayern App for iOS 5.4.0 and Android 1.6.10
- Apple: feature available from iOS13
- Android: Android 7 required, however not every device supports the AR function
How it works
- Select "Menu" in the FC Bayern app at the bottom right
- Then go to "FC Bayern Camera"
- Once there, open "Trophy TouAR Feature"
- Select trophy and frame it correctly
- Take photos, then save and/or share them immediately with friends