FC Bayern launches new Chinese website
The FC Bayern München players and officials start their China adventure one day from now. The German record champions set out for Asia on Thursday evening, arriving in Beijing on Friday at 11.30 local time (05.30 CET). After visiting the Chinese capital, the players and officials will travel on to Shanghai and Guangzhou before returning to Munich on 24 July.
The Audi Summer Tour 2015 offers Bayern's host of Chinese fans the chance to see Pep Guardiola, Philipp Lahm & Co in close-up. But FC Bayern has built a digital bridge to China too, by means of a new Chinese website. At www.fcbayern.cn all Chinese-speaking fans can now follow FC Bayern in detail and stay right up to date with all the latest news. FC Bayern is also releasing a new app for iOS and Android for the Chinese market in cooperation with sports portal HUPU.
The new-look website is designed specifically to meet the requirements of Chinese fans and is locally hosted to ensure optimised loading times. An editorial team in China will publish news, photos and video material on a daily basis. The content will not only be translated from the original German; the team will produce localised content of particular interest to Chinese fans, including a Chinese FCB.tv news broadcast.
FC Bayern is thereby expanding its digital presence in China with two significant new services, the website and the app. Besides the recently opened online fan shop, the FCB presence in China also includes four dedicated FCB accounts on the most notable Chinese social media platforms Sina Weibo, Tencent, WeChat and YouKu. Five million fans already follow the Reds via these platforms, making FC Bayern one of the most popular European clubs.
In terms of digital content FC Bayern is already firmly established in China, and as of Friday the stars will also be present in person. The tour including three friendlies in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou will be covered extensively on the Chinese website, on the app and on all other FCB channels.
Audi Summer Tour China 2015: Key dates:
- Flight from Munich: Thursday 16 July, 20.00 (CET)
- Arrival in Beijing, China: Friday 17 July, 11.30 (local time)
- Saturday 18 July, 19.35, Bird's Nest: FC Bayern München -- FC Valencia
- Sunday 19 July, flight from Beijing to Shanghai (11.00 -- 12.50 local time)
- Tuesday 21 July, 20.00, Shanghai Stadium: FC Bayern München -- Inter Milan
- Wednesday 22 July, flight from Shanghai to Guangzhou (11.00 -- 13.15 local time)
- Thursday 23 July, 19.35, Tianhe Stadium: Guangzhou Evergrande -- FC Bayern
- Friday 24 July, flight from Guangzhou to Munich (00.30 local time -- 06.10 CET)