Created on 16-07-2015 at 12:45 PM
When the Audi Summer Tour 2015 begins for FC Bayern on Thursday evening, three reserve players will join the senior squad. Felix Pohl, Phillipp Steinhart and youngster Fabian Benko have been training with the pros under head coach Pep Guardiola for some days now and will go on the trip to China. Last Sunday the three played in the Telekom Cup in Mönchengladbach.
The three reserve players are particularly looking forward to the China tour. “It's a privilege to make this trip. It will certainly be a great experience,” commented Steinhart, the eldest of the reserve trio taking part in the eight-day tour. The 23-year-old Steinhart came from 1860 München to the FC Bayern second team. The left-back made 29 appearances in the fourth-tier regional league last season.
The 17-year-old Benko is the youngest player joining the record champions for the Audi Summer Tour 2015. Last season the midfielder played for the Reds’ U-17 juniors, but FCB II coach Heiko Vogel appointed him to the reserve team for the coming season. “I'm looking forward to the matches and the new impressions we’ll gather,” said Benko.
Right-back Felix Pohl completes the trio. The 18-year-old played in the U-19 squad under Vogel and has made a good impression in the reserves’ training sessions so far. “That's a great accolade. I've never been to China and I'm curious about what we’ll see,” said Pohl.