Created on 22-09-2015 at 10:45 AM
Every year, when the Mayor of Munich taps the first barrel with a cry of O’zapft is! and the foaming beer flows like water at the Oktoberfest, the goals have traditionally rained in for Bayern. When six million visitors head for the fairground, this year in the period from 19 September to 4 October, FC Bayern are traditionally in superb form. Indeed, the Bavarians are almost invincible on home turf during the autumn revelry, as the record books clearly show.
Bayern’s recent Oktoberfest form:
- FCB are unbeaten in their last 15 Bundesliga matches (12 wins, three draws) during the world’s greatest popular festival. The most recent defeat was a 2-0 loss in Dortmund on 3 October 2010.
- Bundesliga home games during the Oktoberfest in the last four years have yielded nothing but FCB wins with no goals conceded.
- Bayern have won their last eight matches at the Allianz Arena during the festival, conceding only one goal and scoring 23 (2.9 per match).
Bayern and the Oktoberfest over the years:
- Bayern have played 113 home matches during the festival, recording 75 wins, 28 draws and only 10 defeats.
- Of the 83 Bundesliga home fixtures in the Oktoberfest period since FCB joined the league in 1965, 54 ended in wins, 21 in draws and only eight in defeat.
- Home games during the Oktoberfest have produced an average of 2.64 goals for and just 1.08 goals against (goals scored 218, goals conceded 90).
- 4,951,000 fans have turned out for the 83 matches in question, for a sensational average attendance of 59,651. The top crowds were: 1976 v FC Köln (4-1) and 1980 v Hamburg (5-1), each drawing 78,000 capacity crowds to the Olympic stadium.
- Bayern’s biggest Bundesliga victories during the Oktoberfest in Munich: 1977 v Schalke (7-1), 1983 v SV Waldhof (6-0), 1978 v Braunschweig (6-1), 2007 v Cottbus (5-0), 1965 v Karlsruhe (5-1) and 1989 v Bochum (5-1).
- Bayern’s first Oktoberfest home fixture took place on 18 September 1965 at the Grünwald stadium, the match in which Bayern defeated Karlsruhe 5-1.
- Last season featured two goal-rich Oktoberfest fixtures at the Allianz Arena, as FCB posted 4-0 victories over SC Paderborn and Hannover 96.
- The top goalscorer in Oktoberfest home fixtures is Gerd Müller: Der Bomber struck a total of 21 times. Second and third places on the list are held by Uli Hoeneß (13) and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge (11).