Created on 21-09-2015 at 15:04 PM
Tuesday evening’s meeting between Bayern and Wolfsburg is the top match of Bundesliga Matchday 6, as underlined by the facts and stats surveyed by fcbayern.de in the build-up.
1) FC Bayern have never lost at home to VfL Wolfsburg: the 21 competitive meetings to date have produced 20 FCB wins and one draw. The Reds have won their last 16 straight home games against the Wolves.
2) Wolfsburg have visited the Allianz Arena three times during the Oktoberfest. Bayern won all three matches by scores of 1-0, 2-0 and 3-0!
3) Fifteen points, as many goals scored and only two conceded is Munich’s second best-ever start to a top flight campaign, equalling the 1968/69 season. The Reds were very slightly better after five games in the 2012/13 treble-winning season with two more goals scored. The winning run back then only came to an end on Matchday 9.
4) Wolfsburg also boast the second-best record after five matches in their history with 11 points, eight goals scored and two conceded. VfL’s only better start was in 2004/05 when they had 12 points at the same stage, although this term’s two goals conceded is a new standalone record. The Wolves previously let in at least four goals in their first five league fixtures.
5) A remarkable 6,006 days – more than 16 years – have passed since FC Bayern lost in the Bundesliga on a Tuesday. The last such occasion was a 2-1 defeat to Kaiserslautern on 13 April 1999. In the 17 games since then, FCB have won 12 and drawn five, conceding only six goals.
6) Wolfsburg are unbeaten in 14 matches in all competitions with nine wins and five draws. If VfL avoid defeat in Munich they will equal the club record of 15 games without a loss from last season.
7) A whiff of the World Cup semi-final will be in the Allianz Arena air on Tuesday. The home team’s Manuel Neuer, Philipp Lahm, Jérôme Boateng and Thomas Müller and the Wolves’ André Schürrle, Julian Draxler, Dante and Luiz Gustavo were all involved in Germany’s legendary 7-1 victory over Brazil in the 2014 World Cup semis.