Created on 20-08-2016 at 00:32 AM by Redaktion
FC Bayern started this season's DFB Cup campaign with a strong display. fcbayern.com has compiled the seven most interesting facts from the 5-0 victory over Carl Zeiss Jena:
1. After the 5-0 victory in Jena FC Bayern are now unbeaten in 24 DFB Cup ties, setting a new record! (Penalty shootouts count as draws.)
2. Robert Lewandowski's third-minute opener was the fastest Bayern goal in the DFB Cup for more than eleven years. In April 2005 Michael Ballack scored a third-minute goal as well, opening the scoring in Bayern's 2-0 victory away to Bielefeld in the semi-finals.
3. Two firsts for Mats Hummels. The centre-back who came on shortly after the interval made his debut DFB Cup appearance for FC Bayern. 26 minutes later he scored his maiden goal for the German record champions in a competitive fixture.
4. Philipp Lahm made his 55th DFB Cup appearance in Jena, more than any other active player in the competition. It was his 51st cup appearance in a Bayern shirt, which means the FCB captain is now in sixth place in the all-time Bayern cup rankings.
5. A milestone for Arturo Vidal! The Chilean made his 50th appearance in a competitive fixture for FC Bayern, scoring his ninth goal.
6. FC Bayern have now scored at least three goals in the DFB Cup first round in each of the last nine years.
7. Two Bavarians made their maiden DFB Cup appearance in Jena. Julian Green, who came on after the hour mark, and Fabian Benko, who entered the fray with a quarter-hour to go, both made their first appearance in the competition.