Goals, records, milestones
Six goals on a cold winter day: the fans at the Allianz Arena were treated to a highly entertaining match on Sunday afternoon. Three players had personal reasons to celebrate following Bayern's 4-2 victory over Werder Bremen in their first home match after the winter break.
- The world champion scored his first brace this season.
- He reached a milestone when he scored his second goal following James' delicate chip: Müller scored his 100th Bundesliga goal in Bayern colours. The native Bavarian needed 272 appearances to reach this mark. Only Gerd Müller (365), Karl-Heinz Rummenigge (162), Roland Wohlfahrt (119) and Dieter Hoeneß (102) boast more goals than the 28-year-old.
- Müller has scored a total of nine goals against Bremen, more than against any other Bundesliga side. He has been involved in 22 goals against the men from the north, scoring nine and setting up 13 goals in 17 league matches.
- Bayern are invincible when Müller scores. Bayern have gone unbeaten in the 78 Bundesliga matches in which Müller scored, winning 74 and drawing four.
- The Pole scored two or more goals in one league match for the 45th time on Sunday. Only Gerd Müller (87) and Jupp Heynckes (51) have achieved this feat more often.
- Lewandowski surpassed Arjen Robben when he rounded off his brace, connecting with a Müller cross to head home. The 29-year-old is Bayern's most successful non-German scorer in the Bundesliga now, boasting 94 goals.
- Lewandowski is the first Bayern player in the Bundesliga's history to score in each of the first nine home matches of a season.
- The Spaniard made his 100th Bundesliga appearance against Bremen (wearing FCB colours in all of them). Martínez set a record: he has won 85 of them, more than any other Bundesliga player after 100 matches.