FC Bayern München AG
The following information about data processing on our page on www.facebook.com or in the Facebook-App („Fanpage“) explains the data processing by
- us, FC Bayern München AG, Säbener Straße 51-57, D-81547 München, Deutschland („FC Bayern München“ or „We“), as operator of this Fanpage, and
- Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2 Irland, as operator in the EU area („Facebook“).
We and Facebook are each responsible for certain parts of the processing of your data when you use the Fanpage. The main focus of the data processing lies with Facebook. Below we explain how this works and what rights you have:
- Processing of personal data by FC Bayern München
- Joint processing of statistical evaluations by FC Bayern München and Facebook
When you use our Fanpage, Facebook collects - to our knowledge - the following personal data ("Usage Data"):
- Information about views of pages, posts, videos, stories, or other content associated with the Fanpage,,
- interactions with a story, subscriptions, likes of posts, recommendations of posts or comments, shares, reactions or comments of posts, notifications of posts or to hide posts,
- clicks on links on other pages that lead to the Fan Page, mouse movements over names or profile pictures to preview content, clicks on buttons on a Fanpage, and to the device (computer or mobile device) with which you are logged in,
- views of and responses to events, clicks on a link for event tickets, to initiate a Messenger conversation, to views of Fanpage-shops, including information about such actions like date and time of action, country/city (estimated from IP address or imported from user profile for logged in users), language code (from browser HTTP header and/or language setting), age/gender groups (from user profile, only for logged-in users), previously visited web pages (from browser HTTP header), whether the action was taken on a computer or mobile device (from browser user agent or app attributes), and Facebook user ID (only for logged-in users).
We do not receive this usage data directly, but only from Facebook in aggregated, i.e. summarized, form via the Facebook tool "Page Insights" (https://de-de.facebook.com/business/pages/manage and https://de-de.facebook.com/legal/terms/information_about_page_insights_data ) („Insights-Data“). We cannot associate Insights-Data with your person.
Without our Fanpage, Facebook could not collect the Usage Data. For the processing of the Usage Data, we and Facebook are therefore so-called "joint controllers". This means that Facebook and we process this data with the common purpose of learning about the usage behavior of the users of our Fanpage. Facebook, as the operator of the platform, collects the detailed Usage Data from you; we only receive the summarized Insights-Data from Facebook. Therefore, only Facebook makes the decisions about the processing of Usage Data in connection with Page Insights. In the event of such joint responsibility, the EU General Data Protection Regulation requires that we conclude a special contract with Facebook. You can access this agreement here: https://de-de.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum. The agreement contains further details and explanations of our joint responsibility with Facebook in the context of Page Insights.
Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO (balancing of interests) is the legal basis for our involvement in the processing of Usage Data. Our interest here is the administration and improvement of the Fanpage. We do not require any further legal basis for the processing of Insights-Data, as this is not personal data.
- Processing of personal data by FC Bayern München
- Likes, Posts und Messages
If you use our Fanpage actively, we process the following personal data („Action Data“):
- Your Facebook username and profile picture,
- Your active click interactions with our posts ("likes", "shares", etc.),
- If applicable, your Lead Ads data (see I. 2. c) below) and
- Your comments, posts, direct messages and other content that you provide to us on the Fanpage.
We process this Action Data to provide you and other users of the Fanpage and our other media offerings (e.g., our website and our app, "Other Media Offerings"), your content, the Fan Page and the Fan Page experience, and to respond to your inquiries, if necessary. We do not profile you or mix the Action Data with other data we have about you - unless you specifically request it.
We process the Action Data based on our legitimate interests to provide relevant content to our users and followers on Facebook and to enable you to use our Fanpage and its functionalities (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO). We respond to your comments or posts on the Fanpage in order to answer your inquiry (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO).
In cases of use of your Action Data or content on other media offers, the legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO (balancing of interests). Our interest here is to inform our fans and the users of our media offers.
- Other uses of our Fanpage
- Our Lead Ads on the Facebook-Platform
We use the "Lead Ads" function of the provider Facebook on the Facebook platform in certain situations, e.g. for our newsletter offers or raffles. You can recognize Lead Ads by the special Lead Ad form in which you can enter your data. If you want to use this function and click on a Lead Ad, you will first be redirected to the Lead Ad forms with input masks on the Facebook platform. There you will be asked to enter various information. We then process your personal data ("Lead Ads Data") as follows
- Our data collection in the context of Lead Ads
Facebook transmits to us the data that you enter in the input mask on the Lead Ad forms (e.g. email address and, if you would like to receive our FC Bayern München newsletter - https://fcbayern.com/de/newsletter - or enter a competition, your name) as well as information about which Lead Ad you used and when. You will also receive the most important information on this in the Lead Ad form.
- Further processing of your data by Us
We use your data transmitted to us exclusively for the specific purpose in each case, in particular for the purposes stated below:
- Lead Ads for Newsletter suscriptions
If you wish, we will process your personal data to provide you with information about current events and attractive offers from FC Bayern München (FC Bayern München AG, FC Bayern München Fanshop AG & Co. KG, FC Bayern München Service AG & Co. KG, FC Bayern Munich LLC, FC Bayern Munich Shanghai Co. Ltd, FC Bayern Tours GmbH, Allianz Arena München Stadion GmbH, FC Bayern München eV, FC Bayern München Basketball GmbH) and its official partners, which can be found on the website at https://fcbayern.com/de/club/partner. If you subscribe to the newsletter, we will process your e-mail address, information about the sending of the newsletter to you and your other personal data that you have transmitted to us via the input mask of the Lead Ad.
Subscription to the newsletter is only possible with your consent. The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the link at the end of the newsletter or directly via your user profile in myFCB.
- Lead Ads for raffles
When you enter an FC Bayern München raffle, we process the personal data that you have entered in the entry form on the raffle Lead Ad. We offer our fans new raffles from time to time, in which we process different data. You can therefore find specific information about our data processing in the context of the specific raffle in which you participate in our raffle data protection notice, to which we refer you on the Lead Ad forms.
- Storage duration for processing by FC Bayern München
We process your Action Data and Lead Ads Data for the described purposes only as long as this is necessary, i.e. generally as long as we operate our Fan Page or as long as your active action on our Fanpage is online or until we have finally answered your direct message. In the case of the newsletter, as long as you indicate an interest in our newsletters or until you revoke your consent. Beyond that, we only store your personal data to fulfill any legal storage obligations.
- Data recipients in the case of processing by FC Bayern München
- Processor. We may transfer your Action Data in connection with the purposes described here to external service providers, such as IT and service providers or advertising agencies. We have carefully selected these service providers and concluded data processing agreements with them.
- Partner. In individual cases, we pass on your Action Data to other responsible parties who process the personal data for your own purposes, insofar as this is necessary for the execution of the contract or the provision of services, e.g. in the context of raffles. Our contractual partners may use the data thus transmitted exclusively for the purpose for which we transmitted it. The transmission of your Action Data for these purposes is carried out for the fulfillment of the contract (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO) or due to our legitimate interest (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO) to design our operation efficiently.
- Other recipients. We will only transfer your Action Data to other recipients in individual cases if and to the extent this is required or permitted by law or in order to enforce legal claims or to investigate or prevent suspected or actual illegal activities. In these cases, we will inform you separately about the respective transfer, if and to the extent this is legally required
- Other Facebook-users. In addition, since Facebook is a public platform, potentially anyone can see your posts on Facebook.
- Data processing by Facebook
When you visit our Fanpage, Facebook also collects and processes your personal data, including your Action Data and Usage Data. We have no influence on what data Facebook processes, to what extent and how, or whether and how Facebook passes this data on to third parties, in particular to countries outside the European Union. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with this and decide whether you agree with it.
For the processing of your personal data by Facebook, including the respective legal basis, the privacy statements of Facebook available at https://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php, including the shared responsibility agreement described above (https://de-de.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum), apply.
In particular, please note the following:
- Data transfer to the USA
In order to provide the Fanpage on the Facebook platform, your personal data will be processed by Facebook Ireland Limited and transferred to Facebook, Inc. in the USA (as well as other third countries, as shown at https://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php) However, Facebook has committed to the principles of the EU-US Privacy Shield. You can find more information about this at: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active. EU-US Privacy Shield is a mechanism accepted by the EU to transfer personal data from Europe to the US
- Data collection via cookies and app interfaces of Facebook
In addition, advertisers or other partners of Facebook may set cookies or similar technologies on your device. We have no control over this data processing.
- Your data protection rights
- At FC Bayern München
You have the following legal rights with respect to the Action Data in relation to FC Bayern München AG, provided that the respective requirements are met. You can find more information about your rights and the relevant requirements on the website of the EU Commission at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_de .
- Right of information
As a data subject, you have the right to request confirmation as to whether we are processing personal data relating to you. If this is the case, you have the right to obtain information about this personal data as well as further information, e.g. the processing purposes, the recipients and the planned duration of storage or the criteria for determining the duration.
- Right of rectification and completion
As a data subject, you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate personal data without undue delay. Considering the purposes of the processing, you have the right to request the completion of incomplete personal data..
- Right of deletion („Right to be forgotten“)
As a data subject, you may have the right to have your personal data deleted. This is the case, for example, if your personal data is no longer necessary for the original purposes, you have revoke your declaration of consent under data protection law or the personal data was processed unlawfully.
- Right to restrict processing
As a data subject, you have the right to restrict processing in the cases prescribed by law.
- Right of data portability
As a data subject, in the cases prescribed by law you have the right to receive personal data concerning you you in a structured, common and machine-readable format.
- Right to object
As a data subject, you have the right to object the processing of certain personal data concerning you at any time on grounds relating to your particular situation.
In the event of direct marketing, you as the data subject have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for the purposes of such marketing; this also applies to profiling, insofar as it is related to such direct marketing..
- Right to revoke your data protection consent
You can revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time with effect for the future. However, the lawfulness of the processing carried out until the revocation is not affected by this.
- Right to complain to a data protection authority
You have the right to lodge a formal complaint to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, place of work or the place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the GDPR. Competent supervisory authority for the FC Bayern München AG is the Bavarian Data Protection Authority (https://www.lda.bayern.de/de/kontakt.html).
- At Facebook
Information on data processing and your privacy rights as well as how to manage or delete the information Facebook has about you, can be found on the following Facebook support pages: https://www.facebook.com/about/basics/manage-your-privacy. There you can also do a privacy checkup to make sure that you know your privacy settings and have set them up optimally.