7 facts ahead of Bundesliga match at Augsburg
The countdown is on ahead of FC Bayern's Bundesliga trip to FC Augsburg this afternoon (kick-off 15:30 CEST). Here are seven facts to get you in the mood for this Bavarian derby:
1) The sides met just three days ago in the DFB Cup. Only three match-ups in professional German football have been played back-to-back with fewer days in between (just 2 days): Schalke – Hannover and Freiburg – Bochum (both in 2003/04) and Köln – Hertha (1977 DFB Cup final and replay).
2) FCB have won 8 of the 10 Bundesliga matches against Augsburg. The only defeats came in April 2014 and May 2015 when Bayern had already won the league.
3) The Reds are unbeaten in 18 Bundesliga games (14 wins, 4 draws) and 13 top-flight away matches (10 wins, 3 draws). Both are current bests in the league.
4) Bayern have the best defence in the league so far (just 4 conceded). Manuel Neuer has the most clean sheets in the Bundesliga so far (5).
5) FCB have scored in their last 17 league matches (a league high) and have the best attack in the league with 20 goals (same as Dortmund). 10 different players have scored these goals (also a league high).
6) Augsburg have conceded 11 goals in 8 games this season – their best-ever record at this stage of a Bundesliga season (equal with 2012/13 and 2014/15).
7) Bayern have lost just one of the 10 matches refereed by Christian Dingert. The 37-year-old public administration specialist from Lebecksmühle took charge of the season-opening 6-0 win over Bremen. His assistants are Tobias Christ and Arne Aarnink. Dominik Schaal is the fourth official.