FC Bayern Football Schools & Partnerships
In March 2019, FC Bayern announced another youth football partnership in Singapore with the Singapore Sports Council (SportSG).
- The sustainability of the partnership lives mainly through the constant exchange of knowledge and the regular presence of the highly qualified international FC Bayern youth coaches - both on-site in Singapore and during visits to the partner coaches and training camps of the players in Munich
- The partnership also includes the annual "FC Bayern Youth Cup", which will be held in Singapore in the coming years together with SportSG
Details about partnership activities:
- In May 2019, the team from Singapore reached the 8th place at the "FC Bayern Youth Cup World Final";
- In June 2019, an FC Bayern coach went to Singapore to kick-off the first coach presence, which lasted exactly one month. As well as intensive workshops with local football coaches, our FC Bayern coach also took part in numerous training sessions with male and female players of different youth ages throughout Singapore.
- Two coaches from Sport Singapore (SportSG), the official youth football partner of FC Bayern, visited Munich from 9th to 22nd September. In addition to daily courses and meetings, the two coaches were also involved in youth training sessions and games at the FC Bayern Campus. Highlights of the programme were meetings with Tom Starke and Miroslav Klose. The two coaches from the south-east Asian island state will no doubt cherish memories of watching the Champions League match against Red Star Belgrade and the Bundesliga home game against FC Köln.
In November 2019 two FC Bayern coach went to Singapore for two weeks as part of the second coach presence. As well as intensive workshops with local football coaches, our FC Bayern coaches conducted multiple training sessions for boys and girls of different youth age-groups throughout Singapore.
FC Bayern Youth Cup
The FC Bayern Youth Cup is the world's biggest and oldest international youth football tournament series carried out by a football club. In 2012 the tournament took place for the first time and has been conducted eight times since its start. The FC Bayern Youth Cup made its first stop in Singapore in 2017. Thanks to the support of Active SG, we were delighted to again welcome a team from the Southeast Asian city state to Bavaria in 2019.
In 2019, Team Singapore took again part in the FC Bayern Youth Cup. The 16 best teams from Singapore therefore competed against each other in front of FC Bayern legend Klaus Augenthaler on the 24th of March in Singapore. The high quality of the players impressed Augenthaler very much and he selected the ten best players for the World Final of the FC Bayern Youth Cup 2019 in Munich.
The ten selected players looked forward to a 5-day training camp with FC Bayern in Munich and many highlights. Besides a "Freestyle Football Challenge", the personal Meet & Greet with Manuel Neuer was an unforgettable experience for the players. The boys also visited the last Bundesliga home game in the Allianz Arena before determining the winner of the FC Bayern Youth Cup 2018 in the Allianz Arena the next day. Team Singapore impressed with great football against teams from China, USA, India, Thailand, Nigeria and Germany. In the end, Team Singapore reached the 8th place.
In 2020, due to the COVID-19-Pandemic, the 9th consecutive edition of the Youth Cup sadly had to be rescheduled. We are hoping to bring the project back to Singapore in 2021 and see the Singaporean team compete in the world final.